In addition to the Pet Health Care Library, we have provided the following links to websites that provide some great information on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and pet health care.
We update this page frequently and would love to hear your ideas on links that you would like to see us add to this page!
- Choosing a New Puppy
This is a nice starter guide of things that you should consider when you are thinking about getting a puppy.
- Heartworm Society
Everything you ever wanted to know about heartworm disease can be found here!
- Behavior Problems
Founded by Brian Kilcommons and Sharon Wilson, best-selling authors and recognized experts on animal training and behavior, this site is a terrific resource for advice on a variety of behavioral problems. If you want to learn more about feline house soiling, barking dogs, aggression, or any other behavioral problem, check this one out!
- ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center
This is the website of the ASPCA’s Animal Poison Control Center. This is a hotline manned 24/7 for calls, but a consultation fee may apply. You can also access the ASPCA’s free library about plants, foods and other substances that are toxic to pets.
- West Nile Virus
This site is maintained by the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, and has the latest information on the spread of West Nile Virus in the US, as well as information on disease transmission, symptoms, etc.
- Hill’s Science Diet
Pet loss services–they specialize in pre-planning, aftercare, cremations, and burials.
- Hill’s Science Diet
- Nebraska Border Collie Rescue, Inc. – Nebraska Border Collie Rescue is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, all volunteer organization dedicated to serving the immediate needs of Border Collies and Border Collie mixes in danger of harm or euthanasia, as well as educating the public to reduce the need for rescue in the future.
- Eco Animal Cremation – Eco Animal is proud to bring water cremation for animals to the Omaha metro area.
- Critter Control – The nation’s leading wildlife control company is skilled at dealing with wayward wild animals such as squirrels, raccoons, moles, geese, and more in a safe, humane manner.
- Pet’s Best Health Insurance – Find out more about pet health insurance and get a 5% discount when you start a new policy!